Cutters for Clay Event
Tuesday 30th January 10am - 4pm, 20 places available
Hosted in Hobby Ceramicraft studio - Grazeley - Berkshire
· Cost £95 per person
- Please bring your own lunch and a box to transport your handmade items home. Tea,coffee and treats will be provided.
- This is an informal, hands on, practical workshop where you will receive full tuition on how to make each item and how to deliver each project as a workshop to your studio customers. In the session we will try out 5 clay hand-building projects.
Firstly we will have an intro and demo about working with clay; handling, rolling, cutting, stamping and drying. Each participant will get to make 1 hanging decoration and a matching small bowl using the stamp from the hanging decoration.
We will then cover a mixture of adult and children’s workshops with demonstrations and you will make one of each project to take away for drying and firing.….
· Fairy house – adult workshop
· Fairy doors on a tree stump – children’s workshop
· Cute frog on a lilypad – children’s workshop
· Large Sunflower – this can be adapted for an adults or children’s workshop
Finally we will look at fettling the decoration and bowl made at the start.
(please note we will not be painting any items in this session)
We will also cover pricing for workshops, health and safety, firing, painting, and benefits of painting in the same session vs return to paint, and time to chat, take pictures, and discuss ideas and have a natter.
Tutor and student worksheets will be provided to take away and there will be the opportunity to purchase any of the cutters that you have used in the session at a discounted rate.
Each participant will also receive a 10% discount code for products on Cutters for Clay website shop (cannot be used for other workshops).