Stylized Screen Skull Mug
- MB-1413 Sugar Skull Mug
- SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-78 Lime Light, SC-82 Tuscan Red, FN-002 Yellow, Clear Brushing Glaze
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, DSS-116 Stylized, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, RB-104 #4 Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque mug to remove any dust.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle in some AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Use a palette knife to mix the colour and medium to the consistency of soft butter. If you think the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, if too thick add more Stroke and Coat. If the mixture is too thin it will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen giving you black areas in your screen.
- Position the DSS-116 Stylized screen on the piece and hold in place. Starting in the center, rub the mixture onto the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough colour. Remove the screen and wash it with water.
- Use a Liner brush and SC-15 Tuxedo to puddle in the colour for the heart-shaped nose and eyes.
- Use the dandelion puff from the Stylized screen to create the line from the nose.
- Use the same screen to overlap the circular pattern around the eyes, cheeks, forehead, and chin.
- Add the scrolls and leaves to add more design around the puffs.
- Allow the screened images to dry completely.
- Use a Soft Fan brush to apply 3 coats of FN-002 Yellow to the inside of the mug.
- Using a Liner Brush, apply 1 coat of each of the following colours to the mug: SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-78 Lime Light, SC-82 Tuscan Red and FN-002 Yellow. Use your imagination to select which colours go where.
- Once the colours are dry, use the Soft Fan to apply 2 coats of Clear Brushing Glaze to the outside of the piece. (inside has foundation therefore requires no additional glaze).
- Fire to cone 06.
Designed Sugar Skull Mug
- MB-1413 Sugar Skull Mug
- SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-75 Orange A Peel, SC-78 Lime Light, SC-82 Tuscan Red, FN-43 Bright Jade, SG-401 Black, SG-403 Red, SG-409 Bright Green, SG-410 Bright Blue, Clear Brushing Glaze
- Download: Pattern
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Trace the pattern onto the bisque using the Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil.
- Apply 3 coats of FN-43 Bright Jade to the inside of the mug using a Soft Fan brush.
- Once dry, outline the transferred on pattern using the SG-401 Black Designer Liner.
- Puddle in SC-15 Tuxedo using a Liner brush into the eyes and nose.
- Use the same brush to puddle in colours SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-75 Orange A Peel, SC-78 Lime Light, and SC-82 Tuscan Red to the various sections in the design.
- Once dry, use the SG-403 Red, SG-409 Bright Green, and SG-410 Bright Blue referring to the image for placement of dots.
- Once the dots are dry, apply 2 coats of Clear Brushing Glaze to the outside of the piece using a Soft Fan brush.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.