- Begin with a properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove dirt.
- On the DSS-0157 Under the Sea screen, locate the fish. Draw an outline around it in permanent marker. Cut it out with the excess screen around the edges.
- Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
- Place the fish in the bottom, left of the ornament. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
- Using the pencil, draw seaweed coming up from the bottom of the ornament. Refer to image.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-73 Candy Apple Red, apply two coats the stripes on the fish. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-8 Just Froggy, apply two coats to the seaweed. Use the Script Liner and Fan Brush to apply two coats to the sides and bottom of the ornament. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Script Liner and Detail Liner with SC-45 My Blue Heaven, apply two coats to the background of the ornament. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner with SG-302, apply dots going up from the fish’s mouth.
- Use SG-403 to make dots on the seaweed.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Fire to cone 06.